Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ki's Glasses


Ki got glasses this past Tuesday. He has what is called Strabismus. He has perfect vision but when he focuses on something his eyes cross in. By wearing glasses untill his mid-teens it will correct it and then he wont have to wear them anymore. It has been quite an adjustment. At first he was excited, I don't think he understood that he had to wear them all day. The first night that he had them we went outside and he said, "Mom I don't need to wear these anymore the sun isn't out." It was so cute. I explained that they were not sunglasses and he needed to wear them all the time. By the second day he didn't want to wear them at all. I told him that every day he wore them and took care of them I would buy him an icecream cone. He had a couple of times I had to remind him, but he did get his icecream each night. Now he is wonderful with wearing them.

2 comments:

Fortunes said...

Cute little guy. Kids in glasses are the cutest. I hated wearing my glasses at first, tell him to hang in there.
Julia

The Thack-Attacks said...

Okay he is too cute in those glasses! I still cannot believe how big your kids are!